Grand Lawn Bowling Club
1. DRESS CODE:
- Flat, smooth-soled shoes with no heels are mandatory.
- Moderate casual attire, including T-shirts (but not undershirts or muscle shirts).
- For inter-club matches, whites or club colors are mandatory and shirts must have collars.
- Any member in good standing may use the green and club equipment at any time.
- Properly attired guests may accompany the member. The member is responsible for ensuring that the guest abides by club rules.
- Members leaving the green must ensure the green and the surrounding area are clean and all equipment is properly stored.
- It is the responsibility of all members to set up and take down the equipment from the green and secure all equipment in a proper manner.
- Only experienced players may use the green unsupervised. It is a requirement that new members seek appropriate training from an experienced member or club coach.
- Proper conduct and decorum must be maintained. Members who are abusive, create turmoil, disruption or dissension may have their memberships temporarily suspended or be removed as a member.
- Abuse of club equipment will not be tolerated and may result in a temporary suspension of membership or removal as a member.
- All cell phones should be turned off during the game.
- In accordance with Community Management regulations no smoking or alcohol is permitted around the green.
- Annual membership dues are $15.00 per person, are due January 1st and are delinquent January 31st. If dues remain unpaid at January 31st, the member will be removed from the club roster.
- Dues paid by new members between October and December will have their dues extended through the next calendar year.
- New members are required to purchase name tags with payment of their dues.
- U.S. Lawn Bowling Association annual dues are $25.00 but are not mandatory; however, such membership is required for all members who wish to participate in outside tournaments.
- A membership meeting shall be held at least once in each calendar year.
- A membership meeting shall be held in November or December for:
- Approval of Previous Meeting Minutes.
- Officers’ Reports.
- Election of Officers presented by the Election Committee. Elections must follow Chartered Clubs Election guidelines. Officers assume their duties on January 1st, except the outgoing Treasurer is required to assist the incoming Treasurer with closing the year end books.
- Other business.
- Special meetings may be called by the President or two members of the Board.
- Committees may be appointed at any time by the Board.
- A Monitor must be present during all club playing sessions or any club function, as required by Community Management. Club officers may assume the monitor duties but may appoint any member(s) to serve as the monitor.
- Any incident regarding bodily injury, threat, theft or equipment failure must be reported to Community Management. Where necessary, medical or police assistance must be sought.